If you are using an older Kodi version on your Fire TV/Stick and trying to update the latest release, look no further. These stepsw will show you how to update Kodi on FireStick or Fire TV. You do not need to have a computer for performing the process. The process is going to be quite simple except for the fact that you need to follow the steps carefully to avoid any kind of technical error.
If you are a new user and have not installed Kodi yet on your Fire TV, then you need to know that it is one of the best Amazon Fire Stick apps that you can install on your smart TV. now, let’s follow steps I have included in the below section for a hassle-free update process.
With the easy methods, you can learn how to update Kodi on Fire TV without losing Add-ons or Builds. Download the ES File Explorer app from Amazon App store and install it on your Firestick. The app is free and will be useful to begin with the updating Kodi process.
Before Updating Kodi on Fire TV Stick
You can use Amazon FireStick with Alexa voice Remote to perform the update process. But before begin with the updating process, let’s read the important instructions below:
Note 1: If you are looking to upgrade your Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton, please consider to perform a clean installation instead. Several users have reported that they have encountered issues after updating the Kodi 16.X to Kodi 17.X. Maybe during the major updating process, some files might not be installed properly. So, follow the steps below to not encounter any issue in the future.
- Uninstall the present Kodi version
- Reinstall the Kodi app on Firestick
Note 2: If you are trying to upgrade any versions of the Kodi 17 Krypton to Kodi 17.6 Krypton, then this guide will help you. You can upgrade Kodi 17.4 to Kodi 17.6 Krypton on your Fire TV and will not encounter any issue. Also, you will not lose any data that you are currently using such as Add-ons/Builds or Skins.
Note 3: If you are updating Kodi 16 to Kodi 17, switch to default Kodi skin “Estuary. If the current skin does not support Kodi 17, you will see nothing but a black screen which will only lead you to reinstall Kodi app. Go to Settings > Interface Settings > Skin and switch to Estuary. You can also choose “Confluence” or “Estouchy”.
You may also read: Jailbreak Amazon FireStick
How to Update Kodi on FireStick / Fire TV
- Go to Settings > Device > Developer Options. Turn on the Unknown Sources.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Collect App Usage Data. Turn off the Collect App Usage Data
- Download and install ES File Explorer from Amazon Store on your Amazon Fire Stick device
- Now go to Tools > Download Manager and click on the + icon
- Enter http://bit.ly/firekodi176 in the path
- Enter Kodi176 in the name box then click Download Now
- Once you download the update file, Open File
- Then select Install
- You will find a message: Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your data will not be lost”
- Click Install
- Now you have successfully installed the Kodi update.
In case you face any issue while performing the update issue, don’t hesitate to let us know so.