Are all the PC Video Players on the internet best for use as they claim?
No, they are not. Some of them are not even worth downloading.
You definitely deserve a better quality and many more functions to make your show enjoyable.
What if a video player for PC provides you all, from movie customization to many user-friendly functions?
I know you crave for such video players. So here I came up with 5 best PC Video Players for you to download in 2018.
Along with a complete guide to downloading and install them, I also have put up the points about what unique they provide you.
So read and choose the best PC video players you would love on your system.
5 best PC Video Players
I shall talk separately about Windows and Mac PC users, although, you may find some pc video players being common on the list.
The PC Video Players is large in number. And being widespread, it is difficult for you to choose the best out of waste.
So, here I present a list of 5 best video players for all Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC users you would love to use.
VLC Media Player
When it comes to playing videos or movies on your PC, VLC is the most obvious option available.
Why is it that VLC strikes our mind quickly whenever we hear “media player” being talked about?
Because it is available for everyone and on all platforms.
VLC is open source media player, better to say freeware because all its features are free. So, coders, you can play around with the source code!
With a simple layout, powerful features, no ad glitches and spyware problems, VLC stands high.
VLC can play practically all format of music and videos, except a few. And the best thing is you do not have to worry about the platform.
VLC is supported by Windows 7/8/8.1/10. The updated versions are available on the official VLC site.
It would be justifiable if I say VLC media player is quantum and fast. It has a vast number of customization options as well. So, change the skin as your wish.
It also gives you audio and video compression options.
Let me give you the features of the latest VLC version-
- It has a fast hardware decoding. So, it has a zero copy of GPU
- It plays the following file formats-
- Video formats– MPEG-1/2, DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
- Audio formats– MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
- DVD playback formats- DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate. ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
- It has tools for subtitle synchronization and audio filtering options.
- One of the most powerful features of the updated VLC version is it supports advanced file formats too-
- Input media- UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
- Input format- MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice.
- Miscellaneous formats- SAP/SDP announces, Bonjour protocol, Mozilla/Firefox plugin, ActiveX plugin, SVCD Menus, Localization, CD-Text, CDDB CD info, IGMPv3, IPv6, MLDv2, CPU acceleration.
In order to get VLC on your Windows PC, just visit the official website.
You will see this window in front of you-
Just click on the “Download VLC” version. Remember, this is for Windows 10 users.
If you have an older version of windows, make sure to download the VLC version which is compatible with your Windows version.
You can options below for that.
Find the downloaded “.exe” file. Open it, Install it and you are good to go.
Real Media Player
With Real Player PC Video Players, you can do much more than just watching different media.
Now, now can share your favorite media across the cloud. This enables you to view your contents from anywhere and everywhere around the world.
So, Real personalizes your contents.
Real is “freemium”, that is, all premium features are free for you. Those include a lot of features like skin changes, audio and video playback options, recording and editing etc.
Although you can get few extra function with $4.99 a month, you do not need them. Standard features let you do it all.
One of the most wonderful features of Real Player is you can even download and watch movies and music through it.
You have the option for HDTVs (you just need the plugin!) and bookmark your contents. Also, you can share your movies on a bigger screen (Not like Kodi!).
Real Player supports the following video formats- 3gp, m4v, Rmvb, 3gp2, RV, avi, mp4, wav, EVRC, QCELP, WMA, flv, ra, WMV, iv4, ram, iv4, m4a, Rm.
The current version is Real Player 18. Also, following are the minimum system requirements you would need-
- RAM: 4GB
- CPU: i3 or faster
- Hard disk: Minimum 1.5 GB available free space.
Following web browsers for downloading movies-
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Google Chrome current version, and two previous versions
- Mozilla Firefox current version, and two previous versions
- Edge (Windows 10 browser).
Truthfully, Real Player is worth trying for you in 2018. To get Real Player on Windows PC, visit the official website.
The next screen will be something like this-
The installation steps are available on the above page. Just follow them and Real Player is ready for you to use.
Kodi and Plex
I know you have a crossed brow now but consider this, with Kodi and Plex, you can carry your movie stream to a whole new level.
Kodi is also open source but the strong point is, it is one of the best cross-platform media player app available.
That means, apart from browsing and streaming movies and music, you can change your stream from a smartphone to a TV, laptop or anything.
Kodi lets you play all popular video and audio formats, watch live TV, watch podcasts, record live stream and store your media locally.
Kodi is an empty shell without add-ons.
Anything you do on Kodi is done through add-ons. They are available for all Kodi function, right from customization to audio-video playback, backing up etc.
Add-ons do not come with Kodi. They are developed by third-party sites. So be careful while installing them.
Plex is one of the simplest PC Video Players, just that it is not open source like Kodi. Using Plex, you can record any media from any site and watch it later.
Both Kodi and Plex does not let you download, rather they link your ISP to the stream link and lets you enjoy.
So, with both Kodi and Plex, you can not only stream contents but also share with your family and friends.
Minimum system requirements for Kodi is- x86 or x86-64 processor such as Intel Pentium 4/ Pentium M, AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron, or newer CPU (that support SSE2).
Minimum system requirements for Plex is-
- At lewIntel Core 2 Duo processor 2.4 GHz or higher
- OpenGL compatible graphics card.
- At least 2GB RAM
- Windows 7 SP1 or later (64-bit).
To install both, simply visit the official site of Kodi and Plex. The download link for your compatible devices is available.
Find the downloaded files, open and install!
If you have Windows 10 and you are looking for a good media player, KM Player is just the thing for you.
Since it has inbuilt codecs for Windows 10, it is extremely fast and supports everything you watch. You can stream HD, 4k etc videos movies and videos.
One of the finest features is, you can snap your favorite part from a movie or video, store it and watch it later. Even you can edit subtitles with KM Player.
It supports a wide range of video and audio formats, reamap keys functions for setting up a remote interface from your device etc.
KM Player supports all Windows formats. So no issue with “version incompatibility”.
- To get KM Player, go to the official site.
- You have to go to the PC option in the menu list on top. As soon as you click it, you will be redirected to a page with a list of KM Player versions.
- Select the version compatible with your device and click Download.
- All you have to do now is install the “.exe” file.
Media Player Classic (MPC): Home Cinema
Transform your device into a hub of “home cinema” with Media Player Classic.
Perhaps one of the earliest and widest among Windows supported video players for PC, MPC is extremely simple for you to use.
Without consuming much of your memory unlike other video players for PC, MPC lets you enjoy a wide range of video formats for free.
The best thing is, you need to worry about the latest hardware. MPC can run on your old systems as well.
With Windows 10 integration, MPC provides you a Skype patch-up, DVD player, option for downloading subtitles, install skins and toolbars as per your mood and much more.
It supports the following video formats- MP4, D2V, MOV, FLV, QT, SWF, WMA, WAV, OGG, MP3, AU, SND, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, AC3, VOB, ASX, DTS, PLS, WAX, M3U, WM, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, MPEG, MIDI, MP2, MPG
You will need the following system requirements-
- Windows® XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 both 32-bit and 64-bit
- An SSE capable CPU
Downloading is extremely easy. Click here to visit the official site. Follow the “as-it-is” procedure to install MPC.
So, that is it. Here are the five best video players for PC with Windows.
You May Also Like To Read: Clash of Clans for PC, Subway Surfers for PC
5 best video players for PC with Mac
I won’t say Mac is hard to use than Windows but surely, it is a bit tedious.
So, Mac users, always keep in mind these four points before you choose any video player-
- It should be free in all respects- from a cost point of view, spyware, ads etc.
- It should be user-friendly and must have a video playback option.
- A directive interface is also mandatory.
- For any format, it should be coding based.
- Must be able to support 4k and ultra HD videos too.
Let me suggest you the 5 best PC video players for Mac.
VLC Media Player for Mac
I have already told everything about VLC. The good news is, it is also available for Mac PC users.
Although it lags a little bit, still it is one of the widely used and simplest media player to use.
Cisdem Video Player
It can be considered as the best alternative for VLC on Mac. It is extremely smooth and runs all available formats.
The best thing is it occupies very less RAM on Mac. So, check out this link: https://www.cisdem.com/video-player-mac.html to get Cisdem Video Player.
Cisdem supports the following video formats- WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, FLV, MKV, RMVB、MPEG, ect., as well as 5K and Full HD 1080P video, Audio Files MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, M4A etc.
Quick Time Media Player
Just like MPC is Window’s flagship, so is Quick Time completely Apple oriented.
The most important thing is it is slick and easy to use, edit and convert. This video player also lets you view internet streamed video files.
It supports the following video formats- QuickTime Movie (.mov) MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v) MPEG-2 (OS X Lion or later) MPEG-1 3GPP 3GPP2 AVCHD (OS X Mountain Lion or later) AVI (Motion JPEG only) DV
And the following audio formats as well- iTunes Audio (.m4a, .m4b, .m4p) MP3 Core Audio (.caf) AIFF AU SD2 WAV SND AMR.
I would only recommend this player if you have a large RAM.
To start with, it is best for Mac because it is multi-functional. Even it can play uncommon video and audio formats. https://mac.eltima.com/media-player.html is the link you must try out for this video player.
So, with Elmedia player, you need not worry about format.
Movist Video Player
It is perhaps the easiest video player you will find after VLC. Movist supports all subtitles formats, Quick Time and FFmpeg too.
Those who are looking to encode and decode Quick Time on Mac, Movist is the place for you.
Movist was created to be a replacement for Quick Time. But the cons is it supports limited formats.
Still, it is a great player! Follow this link and try this out.
Wrapping up the list!
I have recommended the best PC video players to you, or to be precise, most recommended ones you could install.
The list is actually endless because every video player has some of its unique features. So, what I would suggest is judge carefully before you install.
If you face any issues regarding these PC Video Players, especially on Mac, feel free to drop your queries in the comments section.
Hope you have a “videolicious” new year!