Let’s talk about how to install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick or Fire TV. but before we start the installation process, let’s know a bit more about Amazon Firesticks that lets us streaming popular videos from media sites like Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video etc.
Amazon firesticks come with Alexa support. And it lets you stream your favorite contents using just your voice. But there is a problem. Even though there are multimedia contents available for free, but the premium contents cost way too much. And this bothers most of the users. This is the reason why most of the users install Kodi on Amazon Firesticks.
Kodi is one of the best Amazon Fire Stick apps which allows you streaming through free multimedia content that are either expensive or not available in your state. Now let’s find out how we can Install KODI on firesticks using some simple tricks.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick
You can also try to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick to enjoy a whole lot of your favorite videos online. This jailbreaking process is not illegal. But learning how to install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick or Fire TV is also a great idea. So, let’s move on to the process.
Step 1- Prepare the Firestick
Before begin, I must tell you that, streaming copyrighted contents on your firestick is illegal. Before going to choose that option, hide your device’s IP address with a trusted VPN.
After purchasing the firestick, you need to set it up first. After the setup process is done, install Kodi on your Amazon Fire Stick. Perform three tweaks first, enable ADB debugging, then turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources, and then turn OFF Collect App Usage Data.
- Navigate to settings from your firesticks.
- Select System/Device
- Then choose Developer Options
- Here you need to perform two things: enable ADB debugging, and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- This is the final step: go to settings, open Applications, next, turn OFF the Collect App Usage Data.
- Now the firestick is ready for the Kodi installation.
You may also read: Antimalware Service Executable
Step 2- Download and install ES File Explorer
It won’t take more than just 2 min. Follow the steps below. Just go to Amazon app store and search for the ES File Explorer. Then download and install it.
Step 3- Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on FireStick
Follow these methods to download and install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Launch ES File Explorer
- Open menu
- Go to Tools> Download Manager> +New
- There will be a pop-up menu which will ask you for Name and Path
- Enter firesticktricks.com/kapk in the Path field
- Enter Kodi Krypton in the Name field
- Click OK
- After selecting the Download Now button, you will start the downloading process.
- After the downloading process is finished, click Open File and Install the Kodi
- To find the Kodi app from your home screen, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Kodi -> Launch.
That’s all. If you need any help, let us know in the comment box below.